Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Return of the Cartoonist Surveys

I've received quite a few emails wondering why there haven't been any Cartoonist Surveys posted lately and wanted to give you all an update.  On May 25th my mom passed away suddenly from a heart attack.  It was a huge shock to my family and me as we had no idea that she had any heart troubles.  What makes it even harder is that she lived down in South Carolina and I am up here in Massachusetts.  My wife and I made the trip down to SC (a 16 hour drive) with my aunt and spent a week trying to get everything in order.  To say this was overwhelming is an understatement, but with the support of my wife (who is my rock), friends and family I am doing as well as can be expected.

Later this week the Cartoonist Surveys will return.  First up is will be editorial cartoonist and caricaturist Don Landgren Jr.

A huge thank you goes out to all for your kindness and patience!

In the meantime, I would like to ask all friend's of David Wasting Paper to take a minute and help John Read of Stay Tooned! magazine to qualify for a small business grant he has applied for.  This grant will help him to keep publishing his wonderful magazine, that is a must buy for all fans of the comics.


To show your support please go to Mission: Small Business and click "Support", then login (you can use your Facebook credentials) and search for Stay Tooned! Magazine in the Madison, MS listings.  Place your vote and know that you are helping out a very deserving cause that will help keep John's labor of love in publication for many years to come.

Thank you again to everyone!

5 comments:

John Read said...

Thank you, David for helping to spread the word about this (and, of course, for being a part of the magazine)! Such a grant would definitely give "Stay Tooned!" a longer life, a real publishing schedule, and the financial strength to actually promote and grow the magazine.

John F said...

David - deepest sympathies to you and your family with your mom's passing.

ALl the best - John

David said...

Thank you John.

Carolyn Wallace said...

David, my thoughts are with you and your family. Please take care of yourself...fans like me will wait patiently for your return!

Carolyn (Mrs. Loston) Wallace

David said...

Thank you Carolyn.