Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Resophonics

Many of you know that I have been playing the guitar since I was 10. I think that if you play an instrument you have a greater appreciation of more diverse music genres. I enjoy rock, folk, bluegrass, blues, jazz and country (from the 50’s and 60’s, not the new crap they try to tell you is country). One band that I have seen at least 4 times is The Resophonics. They are a bluegrass/folk band that really rocks. They have so much energy on the stage and they always have one or two hilarious stories to tell. The first time I saw them only three members of the band performed, Paul Kochanski on bass, Sean Staples on guitar and Eric Royer on banjo. I drew caricatures of them of them minus Sean’s beard, which he no longer has. You can check out there site here http://www.resophonics.com/, although the link to purchase their CD’s no longer works.

Paul Kochanski

Sean Staples

Eric Royer

No comments: