Friday, August 8, 2008

Hymie's Monster

This first creature is based on a drawing in the book,
The Creative Cartoonist. It is written and illustrated by Dick Gautier. I thumbed through it very quickly when I purchased it from the bargain bin so the author's name didn't ring any bells. Once I got home and read through it I was surprised to find out that Dick Gautier is none other than Hymie the robot from the Get Smart TV series. It is mostly geared to complete beginners, but there is still some good stuff in it.

The second one is of the Goon, a character from E.C. Segar's comic strip Thimble Theatre and also in the early Popeyes.
Does anyone remember the old Boston Bruins theme song from the 1970's? Well if you want to hear it pick Nut Rocker by B. Bumble and The Stingers on the right hand side under Songs For Wasting Paper. I have fond memories of trying to get the stupid UHF circle antenna in just the right spot, so that TV38 would come well in enough to see the players. This card was inside a Sugar Daddy I ate in the Fall of 1975.

No comments: